Mississauga man among group celebrating lotto win
A group of 10 from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) has just won $56,472 with Pools.
The group members are Steve Vrankic and Dario Hortik of Georgetown, Angelo Boras, John Saric, Mario Sosic, Marko Radosevic, Mile Beros, Milenko Cepo and Nick Knez of Oakville and Ivan Milic of Mississauga.
According to OLG, the 10 friends have been playing Pools as a group for a few years.
"We all have kids the same age who play on the same soccer team," Steve Vrankic told OLG.
According to OLG, Vrankic said the group knew they won after the last game.
"I checked our ticket using the OLG Lottery App and Big Winner appeared. I took a screenshot and sent it to the group!"
The group told OLG they are all contemplating ways they can make their wives' lives better!
"We've never won something like this, so we're really happy," concluded Vrankic.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Mountainview Road in Georgetown.
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga