Mississauga man among four charged after OPP seize over $100K worth of cheques, IDs and drugs in Bolton hotel bust
A Mississauga man is among four people arrested after Caldeon OPP seized over $100,000 worth of stolen cheques, identifications and drugs in a bust at a Bolton hotel.
After an initial investigation of a theft at the hotel resulted in four arrests for drug related charges, Caledon OPP say a judicial authorization was granted to search a hotel room.
That search led to the seizure of multiple cheques worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, documents with personal information (a book of ID’s containing personal information), wireless printer, surgical tools, items used for forging cheques and other suspected stolen property.
Gurpreet Singh, 21, of Mississauga is charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, obstructing a peace officer, forgery, failing to comply with a release order and possession of heroin.
Gurdeep Bains, 45, of Brampton was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, forgery, possession of an identity document, failing to comply with a release order, possession of heroin and resisting a peace officer.
Pardeep Singh, 21, of Brampton is charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, forgery, failing to comply with a release order and possession of heroin.
Nirmal Dhillon, 44, of Caledon is charged with possession of heroin.
The four accused are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Orangeville on May 31, 2021 to answer the charges.
Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Caledon OPP Community Street Crime Unit at 905-284-2241 or toll-free at 1-888-310-1122.
You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Two Toronto men charged for stealing cheques from mailboxes in Mississauga and Brampton
- Brampton man charged twice in Thunder Bay with separate drug trafficking offences
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three