Mississauga man among four charged after OPP seize over $100K worth of cheques, IDs and drugs in Bolton hotel bust
A Mississauga man is among four people arrested after Caldeon OPP seized over $100,000 worth of stolen cheques, identifications and drugs in a bust at a Bolton hotel.
After an initial investigation of a theft at the hotel resulted in four arrests for drug related charges, Caledon OPP say a judicial authorization was granted to search a hotel room.
That search led to the seizure of multiple cheques worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, documents with personal information (a book of ID’s containing personal information), wireless printer, surgical tools, items used for forging cheques and other suspected stolen property.
Gurpreet Singh, 21, of Mississauga is charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, obstructing a peace officer, forgery, failing to comply with a release order and possession of heroin.
Gurdeep Bains, 45, of Brampton was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, forgery, possession of an identity document, failing to comply with a release order, possession of heroin and resisting a peace officer.
Pardeep Singh, 21, of Brampton is charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, forgery, failing to comply with a release order and possession of heroin.
Nirmal Dhillon, 44, of Caledon is charged with possession of heroin.
The four accused are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Orangeville on May 31, 2021 to answer the charges.
Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Caledon OPP Community Street Crime Unit at 905-284-2241 or toll-free at 1-888-310-1122.
You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Brampton man charged twice in Thunder Bay with separate drug trafficking offences
- Mississauga and Brampton couple charged with drug trafficking in Northern Ontario
- Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton