Mississauga Man Accused of Stealing Roofing Supplies in Milton
A Mississauga man is one of two suspects facing charges after more than $22,000 worth of roofing supplies were stolen from a Milton business.
The break-in took place on March 17 at 9:53 p.m.
That's when Halton police responded to reports of suspects breaking into Gibson Building Supplies on Holgate Cres.
The men forced their way in using power-cutting tools, police allege.
Several officers surprised the suspects, who were loading their rented cube truck with stolen goods.
The rolling door at the back of the truck wasn't properly secured and roofing supplies began to spill out onto the road.
Officers boxed in the truck at Regional Road 25 and 5 Side Road and the men fled on foot.
Police soon arrested two suspects.
Sean Grima, 34, of Mississauga, is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime; break and enter; possession of break in tools; disguise with intent; theft over $5,000.
Jonathon Marucio, 36, of Toronto, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime; possession of break in tools; flight while pursued by peace officer; dangerous operation of motor vehicle; fail to comply with probation; theft over $5,000; break and enter; and disguise with intent.
Both men were held for bail.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police Looking for Suspects Following Break and Enter in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Arrested Following Break-In and Hit and Run
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Theft
- Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft