Mississauga Man Accused of Stealing Roofing Supplies in Milton
A Mississauga man is one of two suspects facing charges after more than $22,000 worth of roofing supplies were stolen from a Milton business.
The break-in took place on March 17 at 9:53 p.m.
That's when Halton police responded to reports of suspects breaking into Gibson Building Supplies on Holgate Cres.
The men forced their way in using power-cutting tools, police allege.
Several officers surprised the suspects, who were loading their rented cube truck with stolen goods.
The rolling door at the back of the truck wasn't properly secured and roofing supplies began to spill out onto the road.
Officers boxed in the truck at Regional Road 25 and 5 Side Road and the men fled on foot.
Police soon arrested two suspects.
Sean Grima, 34, of Mississauga, is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime; break and enter; possession of break in tools; disguise with intent; theft over $5,000.
Jonathon Marucio, 36, of Toronto, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime; possession of break in tools; flight while pursued by peace officer; dangerous operation of motor vehicle; fail to comply with probation; theft over $5,000; break and enter; and disguise with intent.
Both men were held for bail.
- Four Hamilton suspects now charged in series of garage break-ins in Oakville and Burlington
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Man arrested after $5000 worth of tools stolen in Niagara Falls
- Three Brampton men charged with multiple break-ins in Windsor area
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton