Mississauga Man Accused of Stealing Roofing Supplies in Milton
A Mississauga man is one of two suspects facing charges after more than $22,000 worth of roofing supplies were stolen from a Milton business.
The break-in took place on March 17 at 9:53 p.m.
That's when Halton police responded to reports of suspects breaking into Gibson Building Supplies on Holgate Cres.
The men forced their way in using power-cutting tools, police allege.
Several officers surprised the suspects, who were loading their rented cube truck with stolen goods.
The rolling door at the back of the truck wasn't properly secured and roofing supplies began to spill out onto the road.
Officers boxed in the truck at Regional Road 25 and 5 Side Road and the men fled on foot.
Police soon arrested two suspects.
Sean Grima, 34, of Mississauga, is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime; break and enter; possession of break in tools; disguise with intent; theft over $5,000.
Jonathon Marucio, 36, of Toronto, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime; possession of break in tools; flight while pursued by peace officer; dangerous operation of motor vehicle; fail to comply with probation; theft over $5,000; break and enter; and disguise with intent.
Both men were held for bail.
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Another Suspect Charged Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Man arrested after string of break-ins and vehicle thefts in Mississauga and Brampton
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity