Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
A male from Mississauga has been arrested following an attempted child abduction incident in Oakville.
Earlier today, Dec. 12, 2018, the Halton Regional Police Service was called to St. Marguerite d'Youville Catholic Elementary School following reports of a possible child abduction.
Shortly after 8:40 a.m., according to police, the male was seen forcibly trying to take a young boy away from the school and towards a vehicle.
Police say a number of bystanders, including staff and parents intervened and separated the male from the boy. The boy was not harmed.
Halton police officers then arrived on scene and arrested the male.
An investigation revealed the accused is the father of the boy involved in this incident.
To protect the identity of the boy, the name of the accused will not be released.
The investigation also revealed that moments before grabbing his son, the accused mistakenly grabbed another student at the school.
Police say this interaction was brief and the student was not injured, according to police.
The accused’s attempt to take his child was in contravention of a Family Court Order which restricted his access to the child.
The male, 47, from Mississauga has been charged with two counts of alleged abduction in contravention of custody order, two counts of alleged assault, and alleged disobey court order.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing which is scheduled for tomorrow, Dec. 13, 2018.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Barret Gabriel of the Halton Regional Police Service at 905-825-4747 ext. 2219.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Local woman calls 911 because she’s late for her train
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery