Mississauga Makes Exciting List of Best Tourist Spots
We've always known Mississauga is deserving of more attention and now, it seems, it's getting it.
Recently, Mississauga's iconic Dairy Cream restaurant made this list and before that, Rattray Marsh Conservation Area and Riverwood Park made this list of Canada's hidden gems. Now, it looks like the city's signature Absolute (Marilyn Monroe) Towers have made Tourism Toronto's Top Picks for Pics list.
The list breaks down the best works of public art and tourist attractions that are ideal for perfect vacation photos. While almost all the pieces are in Toronto, our iconic towers came in at 16 on the list of 20 attractions.
Other objects on the list?
The Toronto sign (naturally), the CN Tower's Edgewalk, Dundas Square, Graffiti Alley, OCAD University, the Galleria Italia in the Art Gallery of Ontario, Casa Loma, the ROM, the Scarborough Bluffs and more.
The towers are one of the few icons outside the downtown core that made the list, so obviously Tourism Toronto thinks they make for pretty spectacular photos.
Perhaps we'll see more tourists taking Marilyn Monroe selfies in the future.
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Here’s what you need to know about the Province’s stay-at-home order
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Ontario sees signficiant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady