Mississauga Makes Exciting List of Best Tourist Spots
We've always known Mississauga is deserving of more attention and now, it seems, it's getting it.
Recently, Mississauga's iconic Dairy Cream restaurant made this list and before that, Rattray Marsh Conservation Area and Riverwood Park made this list of Canada's hidden gems. Now, it looks like the city's signature Absolute (Marilyn Monroe) Towers have made Tourism Toronto's Top Picks for Pics list.
The list breaks down the best works of public art and tourist attractions that are ideal for perfect vacation photos. While almost all the pieces are in Toronto, our iconic towers came in at 16 on the list of 20 attractions.
Other objects on the list?
The Toronto sign (naturally), the CN Tower's Edgewalk, Dundas Square, Graffiti Alley, OCAD University, the Galleria Italia in the Art Gallery of Ontario, Casa Loma, the ROM, the Scarborough Bluffs and more.
The towers are one of the few icons outside the downtown core that made the list, so obviously Tourism Toronto thinks they make for pretty spectacular photos.
Perhaps we'll see more tourists taking Marilyn Monroe selfies in the future.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless