Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
The lucky streak continues, as another Mississauga resident is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated George Haddad for winning $50,000 with Instant X Money (Game #2050).
"I have been playing the lottery for about five years," Haddad told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I enjoy playing Lotto 6/49, Lotto Max and Instant tickets."
Haddad played his Instant ticket at the local convenience store and realized he won big.
"I initially thought I won $50, but then I realized the prize was much larger. It didn't seem real. I scanned the ticket three times to make sure I actually won!"
The 38-year-old married father of two couldn't wait to share the news about his big win with his family.
"When I told my wife, she thought I was joking. Everyone was very excited to hear about my win."
OLG says Haddad plans on using part of his winnings to enjoy a vacation somewhere warm with his family. He also plans on completing some house renovations as well as donating some money to the local church.
"I am grateful to say I am a winner," he said.
Instant X Money is available for $10 a play and the top prize is $1 million. Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3.38.
The winning ticket was purchased at Derry Convenience on Derry Road in Mississauga.
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21