Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
The lucky streak continues, as another Mississauga resident is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated George Haddad for winning $50,000 with Instant X Money (Game #2050).
"I have been playing the lottery for about five years," Haddad told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I enjoy playing Lotto 6/49, Lotto Max and Instant tickets."
Haddad played his Instant ticket at the local convenience store and realized he won big.
"I initially thought I won $50, but then I realized the prize was much larger. It didn't seem real. I scanned the ticket three times to make sure I actually won!"
The 38-year-old married father of two couldn't wait to share the news about his big win with his family.
"When I told my wife, she thought I was joking. Everyone was very excited to hear about my win."
OLG says Haddad plans on using part of his winnings to enjoy a vacation somewhere warm with his family. He also plans on completing some house renovations as well as donating some money to the local church.
"I am grateful to say I am a winner," he said.
Instant X Money is available for $10 a play and the top prize is $1 million. Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3.38.
The winning ticket was purchased at Derry Convenience on Derry Road in Mississauga.
- Mississauga Man and Couple Celebrating Lucky $100,000 Instant Lotto Wins
- Brampton instant winner taking $250,000 lottery prize to the bank
- Hamilton steel mill worker wins top prize in an Instant Ticket
- Mississauga man wins big on instant ticket as he scanned his ticket 5 times
- Mississauga Resident Takes Home Big Lotto Win
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Canada-U.S. border restrictions extended to July 21
- Vaccine deliveries enough to fully vaccinate all Mississauga and Brampton residents by end of July