Mississauga Lotto Winner Planning to Buy New Car and Wardrobe
A Mississauga resident is celebrating following a big lotto win!
OLG recently announced that Antonio Ruta won $100,000 with Poker Lotto and is making some plans for his windfall.
"I like to play Poker Lotto when the jackpot grows," Ruta said while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I never expected to win in the nightly draw!"
OLG says Ruta checked his numbers online at olg.ca.
"One by one, the numbers lined up and I quickly realized that I won $100,000. It was so hard to believe. My father was asleep and my mom could hear me cheering. She wanted to make sure everything was okay. I said, 'Definitely. I just won the lottery!'"
Ruta is excited to treat himself to some new goodies.
"I am excited to get a new phone and do a little shopping for a new wardrobe. I may get a new car or SUV. My celebration begins with a family trip to the Dominican Republic. Winning the lottery makes me feel secure for the future. Knowing that my bills are taken care of," he said.
Poker Lotto is a lottery game that offers both instant in-store wins - of up to $5,000 - and nightly prize draws of up to $100,000 with each $2 ticket and uses playing card symbols rather than numbers.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Cawthra Road in Mississauga.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store