Mississauga Lotto Winner Planning to Buy New Car and Wardrobe
A Mississauga resident is celebrating following a big lotto win!
OLG recently announced that Antonio Ruta won $100,000 with Poker Lotto and is making some plans for his windfall.
"I like to play Poker Lotto when the jackpot grows," Ruta said while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I never expected to win in the nightly draw!"
OLG says Ruta checked his numbers online at olg.ca.
"One by one, the numbers lined up and I quickly realized that I won $100,000. It was so hard to believe. My father was asleep and my mom could hear me cheering. She wanted to make sure everything was okay. I said, 'Definitely. I just won the lottery!'"
Ruta is excited to treat himself to some new goodies.
"I am excited to get a new phone and do a little shopping for a new wardrobe. I may get a new car or SUV. My celebration begins with a family trip to the Dominican Republic. Winning the lottery makes me feel secure for the future. Knowing that my bills are taken care of," he said.
Poker Lotto is a lottery game that offers both instant in-store wins - of up to $5,000 - and nightly prize draws of up to $100,000 with each $2 ticket and uses playing card symbols rather than numbers.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Cawthra Road in Mississauga.
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- City officials issued 57 charges to Mississauga residents during first week of most recent lockdown