Mississauga Library tops one million eBook and Audiobook checkouts in 2020
Now that we are spending more time at home, many people are starting to pick up new hobbies or restarting old ones, such as diving into a good book.
According to a release, Mississauga Library has surpassed one million digital book checkouts in November 2020.
The milestone shows the continued growth and importance of libraries and digital lending of eBooks and Audiobooks at a time when the City’s library locations are being faced with building closures and service changes due to COVID-19.
The release also says that Mississauga Library is one of the 75 public library systems worldwide on track to surpass one million checkouts by the end of the year.
“Mississauga residents love to read, and these results show it,” says Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a release. “Now more than ever, it’s important that people of all ages have access to a wide range of eBooks and audiobooks.”
Currently, customers have 24/7 access to eBooks and Audiobooks through the Libby App and over 4.4. million eBooks and Audiobooks have been checked out since 2010.
The highest-circulating e-Book borrowed in 2020 at Mississauga Library is Walk the Wire by David Baldacci.
The top-circulating categories include mystery, suspense, and thriller as well as historical fiction and literature.
Mississauga Library cardholders can also access the digital collections of the Burlington and Hamilton public libraries.
“Our readers have helped us reach this important milestone,” says Jennifer Stirling, Acting Director at Mississauga Library. “We look forward to bringing our residents even more titles in 2021.”
You can find a full list of the top eBooks and Audiobooks borrowed through Mississauga’s Library’s digital collection in 2020 here.
Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Mississauga can register online for a library card and you can use Android, Apple and Chromebook devices to read and listen to your book.
You can visit the Mississauga Library page or download the Libby app to borrow eBooks and Audiobooks anytime, from anywhere.
- These were the most popular eBooks borrowed from Mississauga libraries in 2020
- New Mississauga share program boosts digital library content by 260,000
- Hamilton, Burlington library cardholders now have double the borrowing power
- Free Library Apps You Should Download in Mississauga
- Mississauga set to expand its electronic library collection
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Power outage in northwest Brampton affecting more than 2,500 homes, businesses
- Will Mississauga and Brampton be fully open next week?
- Big lotto winner from Mississauga thought the $500k win was a joke