Mississauga libraries to reopen with limited service
If you’ve been clamoring to visit the library ever since the pandemic hit, good news: You’ll finally be able to, albeit somewhat differently than before.
The city has announced that most Mississauga Library locations will reopen with limited service on Tuesday, September 15.
Library visits will be limited to a one-hour maximum for collections access, holds pickup, self-checkout, and library cards. Computer time and study time can be booked by appointment only.
Hours for all reopened locations are as follows:
- Tuesdays 1:30 - 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursdays 1:30 - 9 p.m.
- Fridays 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The city says hours of operation and select services were decided in a way that protects public and staff health and safety.
“It’s great to see our libraries safely reopening as we continue to build back better as a City. Libraries are dynamic, community hubs that connect people to learning and opportunity,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
“Customers can expect to see some changes as we work to ensure the health and safety of our residents, library employees and our neighbourhoods. We look forward to welcoming customers back through our doors.”
Additionally, Library Ambassadors will greet visitors at every location and ask COVID-19 screening questions prior to entry. As usual, residents must wear face coverings inside.
Customers will be required to place any collection materials they touch but do not borrow in a marked bin, and these materials will be quarantined for three days/72 hours before being placed back onto the shelves.
Curbside pickup service provided during the closure period will end when the libraries reopen, with the exception of Frank McKechnie Library, which is currently under renovation until mid-October.
More details can be found at mississaugalibrary.ca.
- Some Mississauga libraries to begin offering curbside pickup
- Toronto Public Library curbside pickup gaining in popularity after just one week
- Select Mississauga libraries offering more access and services
- Mississauga set to expand its electronic library collection
- We Now Know When Mississauga's Libraries Are Set to Reopen
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton