Mississauga Issues Extreme Cold Weather Alert
It’s been a very strange winter indeed.
If you’ve been outside today, you no doubt know that our balmy winter has come to an abrupt halt (which can only be expected, as winter is cold).
In light of the drop in temperatures, the city has been issuing extreme cold weather alerts.
Extreme cold temperatures are in effect for the City of Mississauga. For info on how to stay warm: https://t.co/VjaACZNopS— City of Mississauga (@citymississauga) February 8, 2017
Extreme cold weather alerts are issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in).
On Thursday morning, temperatures sat at -12 and felt like -18. On Friday morning, they’re expected to sit at -4 and feel like -10.
Oddly enough, it appears we’re looking at a warm weekend.
According to The Weather Network, we can expect temperatures of +6 and +4 on Saturday and Sunday.
That said, the city is advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as you can), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine ), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
Community centres are available for people who need to get out of the cold and you can see a list of centres here.
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam