Mississauga Issues Another Extreme Cold Weather Alert
Although it’s been a pretty good winter, we’re not out of the woods just yet.
If you’ve been outside today, you no doubt know that temperatures are on the chilly side. Because of the relatively frigid weather, the city of Mississauga has issued an extreme cold weather alert.
Extreme cold temperatures are in effect for the City of Mississauga. For info on how to stay warm: https://t.co/BpWiiBgHdM— City of Mississauga (@citymississauga) March 10, 2017
Extreme cold weather alerts are issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in). Right now, temperatures sit at -6, but they feel like -14. Tonight, it’ll feel more like -21.
The city is advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as you can), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine ), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
Remember your pets during extreme cold temperatures in Mississauga. Bring in any animals without adequate shelter: https://t.co/P67UrUuROC— City of Mississauga (@citymississauga) March 10, 2017
Community centres are available for people who need to get out of the cold and you can see a list of centres here.
- Multiple Lanes Blocked on 401 Following Collision in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews Responding to Truck Fire in Mississauga Parking Lot
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga