Mississauga is still One of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
The City of Mississauga was again named one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People for 2012 as selected by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
"We are pleased to be recognized as one of the leading national employers for young people for the third year in a row," said Janice Baker, City Manager and CAO. "The City's Youth Plan highlights the City's commitment to providing the opportunities youth need today to develop the skills to be successful employees and members of the Mississauga community."
According to Mediacorp Canada Inc., the publishing firm that manages Canada's Top 100 Employers, this special designation recognizes the employers that offer the nation's best benefits for younger workers. The winners are deemed to be Canada's leaders in attracting and retaining younger employees to their organizations.
Selection of the Top Employers for Young People was based on a number of criteria including workforce demographics, opportunities for education and development as well as entry level openings.
"Job placements are further enhanced by providing our young employees opportunities to participate in various programs, and the chance to interact with staff at all levels of the City to gain insight and experience in our organization," said Sharon Willock, director of Human Resources.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- PHOTOS: Driver injured after crashing into tanker truck in Mississauga
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Mississauga Makes Canada's Top Employers for Young People List
- These are the most family-friendly employers in Canada
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- 19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
- Did Your Company Make the List of Canada's Top 100 Employers?