Mississauga Hit and Run Victim ID'd by Police
Witnesses are being asked to come forward after a Toronto man was struck and killed by a dump truck in Mississauga.
The incident took place on Oct. 17 at 11 a.m. near Dixie and Rathburn roads.
Clayton Barnard, 36, was hit by a dump truck, which continued to travel northbound along Dixie after the collision, according to Peel police.
The pedestrian died of his injuries at the scene.
The dump truck linked to the incident has been located and is undergoing examination.
The driver has also been identified, however, no charges have been laid yet.
Investigators are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, has dashboard video footage, or who may have any other information that could help.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Dies on Site
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision with Pick-Up Truck
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga