Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
A 44-year-old Brampton man who teaches at a Mississauga high school has been charged in relation to a sexual assault investigation.
According to Peel police, investigators with the force's Special Victims Unit recently received information that a teacher from St. Francis Xavier Secondary School had allegedly been involved in inappropriate relationships with two teenaged students. Police say the incidents occurred between January 2016 and May 2017.
As a result of the investigation, Gavin McAnally was arrested and charged with sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching, sexual exploitation and sexual assault.
He was held for a bail hearing on August 9.
Police say McAnally has been a teacher with the Catholic District School Board for approximately 15 years.
Investigators are concerned that there may be additional victims who have not yet come forward, and ask any potential victims or witnesses to contact police.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Mississauga private school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Teacher Who Taught in Mississauga Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Police Charge Man Who Taught in Mississauga with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police