Mississauga health care worker "in disbelief" after big lottery win
A Mississauga health care worker is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG announced that saying "yes" to Encore paid off for Dubravka (Debbie) Courneyea.
Courneyea, 52, matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the January 16, 2021 Lotto 6/49 draw to win $100,000.
Courneyea told OLG that she is a regular lottery player.
“I always play Encore,” she said.
Courneyea told OLG that she was at home when she discovered her big win.
“I was in disbelief. I brought it to my husband so he could take a look. It was quite surreal!”
She immediately told her children about her big win.
“They were surprised and happy for me. It feels great!”
Courneyea plans to invest some of her win for retirement.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Mississauga man celebrating $1 million lotto win after saying "Yes"
- Mississauga man wins a big lotto prize and his wife started to cry at the store
- Mississauga man enjoying big Encore lotto win
- Last call to claim winning lotto prize in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers