Mississauga health care worker "in disbelief" after big lottery win
A Mississauga health care worker is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG announced that saying "yes" to Encore paid off for Dubravka (Debbie) Courneyea.
Courneyea, 52, matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the January 16, 2021 Lotto 6/49 draw to win $100,000.
Courneyea told OLG that she is a regular lottery player.
“I always play Encore,” she said.
Courneyea told OLG that she was at home when she discovered her big win.
“I was in disbelief. I brought it to my husband so he could take a look. It was quite surreal!”
She immediately told her children about her big win.
“They were surprised and happy for me. It feels great!”
Courneyea plans to invest some of her win for retirement.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Teacher from Mississauga in disbelief over big lotto win
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Mississauga man celebrating $1 million lotto win after saying "Yes"
- Mississauga man wins a big lotto prize and his wife started to cry at the store
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed