Mississauga graphic installer celebrating big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Julian Tibayan won a Lotto 6/49 second prize worth $111,534 in the June 24, 2020 draw.
Tibayan matched five numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize. He also won an additional $2 on his Encore selection, bringing his total winnings to $111,536.
Tibayan, a 34-year old graphic installer, told OLG that discovered his win when he went to the store to buy some cigars and remembered he had some tickets he wanted to check.
"I went out to my car to grab my phone, and then I went back in and I must have scanned it eight times," he told OLG.
"I handed the ticket to the cashier and said, 'hey boss, can you tell me if this is a big winner or not?' The terminal froze and he told me to expect a call from OLG.”
Tibayan plans to pay his bills, tackle some renovations and make some investments.
"This feels incredible. It's a nice cushion in a time when it's hard to make money. I've been told this is my good karma coming back to me. I do what I can to help take care of others," he told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Kitchen Food Fair on Financial Drive in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto is now accepting in-person prize claim appointments for winning-ticket holders of $10,000 or more.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Paramedics on scene after vehicle crashes into brick wall in Mississauga