Mississauga grandmother enjoying big lotto win
A Mississauga woman is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Lucia Divirgilio went 'All In' to win the Poker Lotto All In jackpot worth $98,894.00 on Feb. 16, 2020.
Divirgilio also won $5,000 on the instant portion of her Poker Lotto play, bringing her total winnings to $103,894.
Divirgilio, a 71-year-old married grandmother of eight, was waiting for her son inside Casino Woodbine while he was parking when she discovered her win.
"I called to tell him and he thought I was joking," she told OLG. "It took a while to sink in."
Divirgilio plans to pick out a new car and share her windfall with her children and grandchildren.
"This win feels good. I'm telling my husband it's time for him to retire," she said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Woodbine Racetrack on Rexdale Boulevard in Etobicoke.
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga