Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
Christmas has come very early for a Mississauga father and grandfather who is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says that Cesar Trujillo has $247,305.60 to put toward his dreams after winning a Lotto Max second prize in the September 1, 2020 draw. Trujillo matched six numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize.
OLG says Trujillo, 64, discovered his win after work one day.
"On my way home I stopped at the store to get the winning lottery numbers," he told OLG. "Once I got home I looked at my ticket and saw that I won!"
Trujillo called his wife over to look at the ticket, but she didn't believe it.
"Then I called my daughter and went to the store right away," he said.
The parking lot attendant plans to use his winnings to pay some bills and help his family.
"I feel very blessed," he told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Hasty Market on Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel