Mississauga gives away free signs to get drivers to ‘slow down’
Published June 8, 2021 at 7:28 pm
You may not be able to get the speed limit lowered on your street, but you can get a sign from the City of Mississauga that asks drivers to slow down.
The signs are now available from the City free of charge through an initiative by the Road Safety Committee.
There are a few rules to follow when it comes to placement.
You must ensure that your sign doesn’t create any obstruction or hazard for road users. The signs must:
- Only be placed directly on or in front of your property
- Be set-back a minimum of two feet from the curb or the edge of the road
- Not obstruct the road, median, traffic island, sidewalk, bicycle path or multi-use trail
- Be placed three metres or more from a fire hydrant
- Be inserted into the ground using the wire frame only
To get a sign you can dial 311 or call 905-615-4311.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising