Mississauga Getting More Electric Car Charging Stations
Good news, everyone!
Yesterday, the City of Mississauga sent out a press release that said Mayor Bonnie Crombie would be making an announcement with Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca today at 11:30 a.m.
It didn't say anything else.
We waited in suspense all night long.
Today, Crombie appeared with Del Duca at Mississauga-based company KSI (Koben Systems Inc.) to announce a $20 million provincial investment into the expansion of electric vehicle charging stations throughout the province. On her Facebook page, Crombie added that Mississauga would be the recipient of some of the new stations.
According to Crombie's Facebook page, "the investment will create 500 new stations, allowing electric vehicle (EV) owners to move more freely around Ontario."
Currently, Mississauga boasts 163 EV stations and should expect "many more" in lieu of today's announcement.
If you have (or want) an EV, this is exciting news -- more so if you often find yourself fretting about a lack of action on solid climate change solutions.
What do you think, Mississauga? Will this seal the deal when it comes time to purchase your next car? Has that Chevy Volt been calling your name for too long?
It's been calling mine. But I've been too poor and have had to settle for a Cruze.
- More Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Coming to Mississauga
- Electric Car Charging Stations Coming to Trans-Canada Highway
- Upgrades and Enhancements Coming to Mississauga GO Stations
- Feds, Ontario ante up millions to produce electric vehicles at Ford’s Oakville plant
- Are Electric School Buses Coming to Mississauga?
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible