Mississauga First Seafood Boil Restaurant Opens
Life is good, especially if you loooooove seafood and live in Sauga. L.A. Boil has officially opened its doors and it is Mississauga's first seafood boil restaurant!
Seafood boils are a traditional southern American way of chowing down on seafood typically associated with a social event that involves a lot of shellfish. Thankfully, restaurants have embraced this tradition so you don't have to wait for an event to enjoy it.
If you're a newbie to this phenomenon, get ready to get dirty! Instead of plates and utensils, you are provided with a bib, gloves and a seafood cracker. It involves a lot of cracking, ripping and pulling. It's a barbaric mission that's messy, fun and executed to pop music playing throughout the resto. Don't worry about looking like a caveman because everyone is there for the same reason you are - to feast on piles of Cajun-style seafood brought to the table in plastic bags soaked in flavoured butter sauce.
The L.A. Boil is located in the Dundas and Winston Churchill and a second Mississauga location is also set to open in the east end of the city soon. These guys don't waste any time!
"For The Love of Cracking" is L.A. Boil's tagline and you'll find it written on the walls along with their lobster claw logo throughout the restaurant. The space underwent some renovations which include more booth seating and a fresh coat of paint.
The build-your-own 3.1 step menu is priced by the pound. The first step includes choosing your seafood which includes king crab legs, Dungeness crab, lobster, snow crab legs, crawfish, mussels, clams and shrimp. Step two is to pick your flavour which includes Cajun, lemon pepper, garlic butter, curry and L.A. Boil (mix of Cajun, lemon pepper and garlic butter). The third step involves choosing your spice level (non-spicy, mild, medium or crazy fire). Step 3.1 is an optional step where you can select side dishes that include sausage, corn on the cob, potato, okra, zucchini, lotus root, sliced chicken and mushroom.
You can also order from their list of staple food which includes steamed rice, naan, vegetable fried rice, vegetable penne, vegetable spaghetti and Cajun fried rice. They also have a small self-serve salad bar.
This hot new food trend has been making waves in major culinary cities around the globe including Toronto where you'll find a popular restaurant called The Captain's Boil. It's another reason of the growing list of reasons we don't have to drive to Toronto. Yay for us!
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Crews on Scene After Explosion in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & UPDATES: Plaza Shut Down Following Explosion in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga First Seafood Boil Restaurants Set to Open
- Unique New Seafood Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Another Seafood Boil Restaurant Opening Soon in Mississauga
- Popular and Growing Restaurant Chain Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Unique Seafood Restaurant Opening in Mississauga