Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Earl Andrew matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the June 26, 2020, Pick 4 (evening) draw to win $100,000.
Andrew, a 50-year old married father of two, discovered his win while at home.
"I checked my ticket using the OLG Lottery App and I thought it was $100, then I saw the comma and realized it was $100,000," he told OLG.
"I couldn't believe what I was seeing.”
Andrew told OLG he plans to help his children pay for their education and save the rest for now.
"In the current environment, it's not the time to make big plans. I never thought I would win an amount like this. It was really surprising," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Burnhamthorpe Road in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row