Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Earl Andrew matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the June 26, 2020, Pick 4 (evening) draw to win $100,000.
Andrew, a 50-year old married father of two, discovered his win while at home.
"I checked my ticket using the OLG Lottery App and I thought it was $100, then I saw the comma and realized it was $100,000," he told OLG.
"I couldn't believe what I was seeing.”
Andrew told OLG he plans to help his children pay for their education and save the rest for now.
"In the current environment, it's not the time to make big plans. I never thought I would win an amount like this. It was really surprising," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Burnhamthorpe Road in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- 26-year-old celebrating big lotto win in Mississauga to do something special for mom
- Cases in Mississauga and Brampton push Peel Region COVID number to record high
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton