Mississauga Explosion Update: July 6 - 12pm
As of July 6, 2016, the Hickory Drive incident site has been released by the Mississauga Fire Chief and all properties in the area have been returned to property owners and their insurance companies. Building staff will continue to work with homeowners and their insurance companies to assess the damage and ensure the correct steps are in place to repair and rebuild.
Temporary road closures for local traffic only are in place on Hickory Drive between Rathburn Road East and Hickory Drive. All other roads in the area have been reopened.
Residents looking for information can call 3-1-1 or visit the mobile Community Information Centre at Rathburn Road and Hickory Drive, open today from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Waste collection bag limits will be waived during the month of July for those affected by the Hickory Drive incident. This includes all address in the area bordered by Dixie Road, Golden Orchard Drive, Eastgate Parkway and Burnhamthorpe Road. Garbage, recycling and green bins will be collected on regularly scheduled days.
A special information session will take place tonight at 6:30 p.m. at St. Basil Elementary School [map]. The session will provide information to Mississauga residents about the current status of the incident and the next steps of the recovery process. Citizens will be invited to ask questions during the session.
- BREAKING: Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man a Millionaire Following Huge Lotto Win
- L.A.-Based Store Opens First Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Peel Council Supports Tax Relief for Hickory Drive Explosion Victims in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Multiple People Still Displaced Six Months After Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
- 360 VIDEO: Hickory Drive Explosion Site One Year Later
- SOLD: Site of Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Police Reveal Cause of Hickory Drive House Explosion in Mississauga