Mississauga Explosion Update: 8 PM
8 p.m. Update: Hickory Drive Explosion
June 29, 2016
As of this evening, officials working on site have deemed that some residents can now return to their homes as the perimeter has been further reduced. Displaced residents need to call Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311 ext. 1241 to find out if they are free to return to their homes. Residents that are allowed back to the area, will be able to access their property either on foot or in their vehicle.
The reception centre at Burnhamthorpe Community Centre, 1500 Gulleden Drive will remain open until 11 p.m.
Emergency accommodation is available for anyone impacted by the June 28 home explosion in Mississauga. Anyone in need is asked to call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800.
Residents can call 311 and follow @peelpolicemedia and @citymississauga on Twitter for updates.
CAUGHT ON VIDEO: House Explodes in Mississauga Aftermath
Reports are early but according the Peel Regional Police Twitter account that a house on Hickory Drive near Dixie and Rathburn has exploded. Read more
Was the Mississauga House Explosion Caused by a Gas-Related Issue?
Gas is the main focus of the investigation into the astonishing house explosion that happened Tuesday around 4 p.m. Read more
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Report of man with knife prompts hold and secure at school in Mississauga
- Police looking for 15-year-old girl last seen in Mississauga