Mississauga Explosion Update: 8 PM
8 p.m. Update: Hickory Drive Explosion
June 29, 2016
As of this evening, officials working on site have deemed that some residents can now return to their homes as the perimeter has been further reduced. Displaced residents need to call Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311 ext. 1241 to find out if they are free to return to their homes. Residents that are allowed back to the area, will be able to access their property either on foot or in their vehicle.
The reception centre at Burnhamthorpe Community Centre, 1500 Gulleden Drive will remain open until 11 p.m.
Emergency accommodation is available for anyone impacted by the June 28 home explosion in Mississauga. Anyone in need is asked to call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800.
Residents can call 311 and follow @peelpolicemedia and @citymississauga on Twitter for updates.
CAUGHT ON VIDEO: House Explodes in Mississauga Aftermath
Reports are early but according the Peel Regional Police Twitter account that a house on Hickory Drive near Dixie and Rathburn has exploded. Read more
Was the Mississauga House Explosion Caused by a Gas-Related Issue?
Gas is the main focus of the investigation into the astonishing house explosion that happened Tuesday around 4 p.m. Read more
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident