Mississauga Explosion UPDATE: 12pm Saturday
12:00 p.m. Update: Hickory Drive Explosion
Jul 02, 2016
As of Saturday, July 2, the Hickory Drive investigation site continues to be active. The investigation site is not accessible and remains unsafe for residents to enter. Currently, there are 36 addresses in the investigation site. Road closures around the site remain in effect (Hickory Drive to the North and West, Rathburn Road to the South and Dixie Road to the East).
The City of Mississauga is focused on a recovery plan with the safety of residents as a first priority. Building and utility officials are working together to assess the homes remaining in the investigation site.
Community Information Centre
An information centre for residents is located at the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre at 1500 Gulleden Dr. and will remain open Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Services onsite include:
- Region of Peel Social Services;
- Red Cross;
- Salvation Army; and
- Insurance Bureau of Canada.
Emergency accommodation is available for anyone impacted by the June 28 incident in Mississauga. Anyone in need is asked to call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800.
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Truck and Bus Collide in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- Mississauga Explosion UPDATE: Sunday 5:30 p.m.
- EXPLOSION UPDATE: Police Investigation at Explosion Scene Complete
- 360 VIDEO: Hickory Drive Explosion Site One Year Later
- UPDATE: Multiple People Still Displaced Six Months After Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga
- SOLD: Site of Hickory Drive Explosion in Mississauga