Mississauga Couple Charged in Connection with Enormous Fraud
A couple from Mississauga are facing charges in connection with the alleged bilking of over half a million dollars.
Halton Regional Police recently announced that officers have laid charges against a former Region of Halton employee following an extensive investigation initially launched in 2015.
Police report that 55-year-old Mississauga man Nicolas Rewa, a former public works manager who was employed by the Halton region for 17 years, allegedly defrauded the region of approximately $770,000 since 2008 by fraudulently administering/awarding contracts to a Hamilton-based company named Sirron Systems Inc.
Police say they became aware of the fraud after the arresting another former employee, David Ohashi, in 2016. Ohashi has been charged with similar offences.
Rewa has been charged with two counts of fraud over $5000, two counts municipal corruption, two counts secret commissions, one count of laundering proceeds of crime and one count of property obtained by crime.
Rewa's wife, 45-year-old Mississauga woman Marion Rewa, has also been charged with one count of fraud over $5000 and one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
Police also charged 52-year-old Stoney Creek man David Norris with two counts of fraud over $5000, two counts municipal corruption and more.
The accused are scheduled to appear in court on May 9.
- Multiple Mississauga Residents Enjoying Massive Jackpot Lotto Win
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: May 12-18
- Million Dollar Lotto Ticket and Two Other Winning Tickets Sold in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- Unique International Discount Store Opening Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Men Charged With Allegedly Defrauding People Out of Over $1 Million
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Huge TTC Fraud Case
- Mississauga Resident Charged in $11M Toronto Police Fraud Bust
- Two Mississauga Women Charged in Connection With Immigration-Related Fraud
- Former Peel Cop Convicted of Serious Fraud Now Charged with Sexual Assault