Mississauga Could Get Even More Snow and Cold This Weekend
Anyone who has put a toe outside can confirm that it has been ridiculously cold for the last little while.
And if you're tired of us telling you that it's going to be really cold and snowy outside, click out of this article and read a happy story instead!
Well, you're still reading, so we'll lay it on you.
The cold isn't going anywhere -- in fact it might get worse -- and what's more, we're likely getting up to 10 more centimetres of snow this weekend and into Monday.
First, we're still under extreme cold warning.
Due to northwest winds at up to 50 kilometres per hour, wind chill values will remain in the -35 C to -40 C range nightly, Environment Canada predicts.
“Temperatures and wind chill values will be slightly lower Friday night. The extreme cold will continue until Saturday or possibly into Sunday morning.”
Then, there's the snow.
The Weather Network is predicting 2-4 cm of snow on Sunday, and 2-4 more centimetres of snow on Monday, so it could pile up at just under 10 cm. We'll have a break on Tuesday, but the snow will return with about 1 cm on Wednesday and 5 cm on Thursday.
In my expert opinion (as someone who dislikes the cold and the snow), it's best to hibernate with some good ol' Netflix all weekend.
Remember, if it's too cold out for you, it's too cold out for your pets, too!
Photo courtesy of @gualdjouma
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga