Mississauga company named winner of 2021 BIG Innovation Award
Li-Cycle, a Mississauga-based lithium-ion battery recycling company, was recently named the winner of a 2021 BIG Innovation Award, presented by the Business Intelligence Group.
The company, which is the largest of its kind in North America, aims to recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries in a low cost, safe, and environmentally friendly process.
"It's very exciting to have Li-Cycle's Spoke & Hub Technology recognized, and to receive this 2021 BIG Innovation Award," said Li-Cycle CEO Ajay Kochhar.
"This is an award that highlights the value in our solution toward making end-of-life batteries a resource and not a waste — we're honoured to be recognized for that. Our goal is to keep working to achieve a truly closed-loop system within the lithium-ion battery supply chain."
Li-Cycle says it has an unparalleled recovery rate of at least 95% of all battery-grade materials found in lithium-ion batteries, including lithium, cobalt, and nickel.
Their recycling centre is located at 2351 Royal Windsor Drive in Mississauga.
The Business Intelligence Group was founded in Beverly, New Jersey to recognize and award people, organizations, and products from all across the business world.
"More than ever, the global society relies on innovation to help progress humanity and make our lives more productive, healthy and comfortable," said Maria Jimenez, chief operating officer of the Business Intelligence Group.
"We are thrilled to be honouring Li-Cycle as they are one of the organizations leading this charge and helping humanity progress."
All of the 2021 Big Innovation Award winners can be seen here.
Photo courtesy of Li-Cycle
- Looking to Recycle Old Batteries in Mississauga?
- Brampton's Nile organization presented with June Callwood Outstanding Achievement Award for Voluntarism
- Mississauga's "Charlie" Brown and Adam Lake presented with award
- Battery collection period returning soon to Mississauga
- Mississauga teacher receives award from city
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU