Mississauga company gets funding to create close to 50 new jobs
The federal government recently announced that a Mississauga-based automated retail tech developer will receive funding to create close to 50 new jobs.
Signifi Solutions Inc. (Signifi), a woman-led developer and provider of automated retail solutions, is receiving a FedDev Ontario repayable contribution of nearly $2.4 million to scale up operations at its Mississauga facility.
The funding will allow the company to create 47 new jobs.
"I am so proud to see local, woman-led companies, like Signifi Solutions, seize new opportunities as we navigate the reality of a virtually-connected society by scaling up its capabilities to better compete," said Navdeep Bains, Member of Parliament for Mississauga-Malton, in a statement.
"With FedDev Ontario's investment, Signifi will add 47 highly-skilled jobs here in Mississauga and strengthen supply chain spending in southern Ontario."
The federal government said Signifi is "seizing opportunities for growth" and providing alternatives with its automatic dispensing solutions, which are used by major retailers to offer easier, contactless order pick-up.
With FedDev Ontario support, Signifi will expand its capacity to manufacture self-serve vending kiosks to meet growing domestic and global demand for safer shopping options amid the pandemic.
According to the government, Signifi's automated solutions are used by companies such as Best Buy, The Source, Office Depot, American Eagle, Hudson News and Canadian Tire.
Signifi expects to create 47 jobs in management, finance, software development, control board assembly and engineering in Mississauga--more than doubling the size of its team.
"Project scale-up has allowed Signifi to move forward on plant upgrades and new hires that are critical for growth," said Shamira Jaffer, Chief Executive Officer, Signifi Solutions Inc., in a statement.
"Signifi is now able to execute on opportunities that would have not been possible without this support."
- Mississauga company gets almost $200 mil from federal government to produce vaccines, create over 200 jobs
- Mississauga's Trillium Health Partners About to Create New Jobs and Make Life Easier for Patients
- Economic Growth For Mississauga Expected Through New Funding Initiative
- Company set to create 400 new jobs in Mississauga
- Mississauga-Based School Getting Over $1 Million in Funding
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area