Mississauga community centre reopens after temporary closure
A Mississauga community centre that was forced to close after a pipe burst has reopened.
On Sunday, Jan. 12, the city announced that the Malton Community Centre was closed down due to mechanical issues.
According to Councillor Carolyn Parrish, a burst pipe led to a fire in the community centre's boiler room.
The Malton Library was also closed as a result.
On Jan. 14, the city said that the community centre is now open for programs and room rentals. The gymnasium and fitness centre is also open.
The Malton Library will be open as of 5:00 pm this evening.
The city says the Malton Community Pool will re-open tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan. 15) at 12:00 pm. The therapy pool will re-open the same day at 5:00 pm.
Residents are asked to call the Malton Community Centre to confirm that their class is on schedule.
- Community centre in Mississauga closed due to burst pipe
- Changes coming to Burnhamthorpe Community Centre in Mississauga
- A Brand New Community Centre is Coming to Mississauga
- $50 million park and community centre coming to Mississauga soon
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga