Mississauga community centre reopens after temporary closure
A Mississauga community centre that was forced to close after a pipe burst has reopened.
On Sunday, Jan. 12, the city announced that the Malton Community Centre was closed down due to mechanical issues.
According to Councillor Carolyn Parrish, a burst pipe led to a fire in the community centre's boiler room.
The Malton Library was also closed as a result.
On Jan. 14, the city said that the community centre is now open for programs and room rentals. The gymnasium and fitness centre is also open.
The Malton Library will be open as of 5:00 pm this evening.
The city says the Malton Community Pool will re-open tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan. 15) at 12:00 pm. The therapy pool will re-open the same day at 5:00 pm.
Residents are asked to call the Malton Community Centre to confirm that their class is on schedule.
- House of the Week: $3 mil family home with jacuzzi
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Mississauga
- Top 5 Family Restaurants in Mississauga
- Community centre in Mississauga closed due to burst pipe
- A Brand New Community Centre is Coming to Mississauga
- $50 million park and community centre coming to Mississauga soon
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Paramedics Respond to Drowning Man at Mississauga Community Centre