Mississauga, Brampton residents get quick access to vaccine by joining stand-by list
Published May 3, 2021 at 2:18 pm
Mississauga and Brampton residents can now register to be on a stand-by list to access COVID vaccines that have not been used up at the end of the day at Peel Public Health clinics.
The vaccines that are available will be the ones meant for people who didn’t show up or cancelled their appointments to receive the shot.
According to Peel Public Health, the purpose of the new program is to ensure that no dose is wasted.
The stand-by list is for those who:
- Have not received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Second doses will not be given to people on the stand-by list.
- Are currently eligible to receive the vaccine and live in Peel.
- Are able to get to a Peel Public Health COVID-19 vaccine clinic within 15-30 minutes once they are contacted.
However, there are a few procedures that have to be followed.
- Signing up to the list does not guarantee that you will be called for a stand-by appointment. If excess doses of vaccine become available, we may call you.
- If you are eligible to receive the vaccine in Peel, you should still book your appointment at various clinics across Peel.
- People on the list will be randomly selected based on how many doses need to be used at the end of the day at each clinic.
- The list will only hold 300 people each week. Once this number is reached, a message in the sign-up form will notify you that no more names can be added to the list.
- The list will be cleared every Sunday at 11:59 p.m. You can sign up every week if you would like.
- People who arrive without receiving a phone call will not be vaccinated.