Mississauga Boy Charged After Oakville Robbery Victim Beaten With Tree Branch
A pair of boys - one from Mississauga - are being charged after an Oakville street robbery which involved beating a victim with a tree branch.
The incident took place on March 26 around 4 p.m.
That’s when a group of youths approached another youth who was walking near Ridge Drive and Sixth Line.
A demand was made for the victim’s backpack, say Halton police, and when the victim refused, one suspect grabbed a nearby tree branch and hit the victim several times until a bystander stepped in.
The group then fled the scene in a dark SUV.
No injuries were reported and no items were taken from the victim, say investigators.
Two suspects - the other is from Oakville - are each facing one robbery count.
Their identities are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Det. Barry Malciw at 905-825-4747 ext. 2218. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- A Dog Daycare is Shutting Down in Mississauga
- Man in Mississauga Transported to Trauma Centre with Apparent Gunshot Wounds
- Weapon Seized in Mental Health Incident On A Mississauga Highway