Mississauga-Based University Ranks Best in Canada
Whether you're planning to study there, you've already graduated from there, or you still go there, you might be proud to know that a Greater Toronto Area (GTA) university has ranked as the best university in Canada!
The University of Toronto was established in 1827 and boasts three locations in downtown Toronto, Scarborough, and Mississauga. With over 88,000 students across three campuses, the epic university has indeed ranked as the best university in Canada, according to the QS World University Rankings 2018.
U of T has also ranked #31 on QS's grand-scale list of the best universities in the world.
A research-focused institution, the University of Toronto has always been a leader in innovation and discovery. Did you know the University of Toronto discovered insulin in 1921 and the stem cell in 1963?
In 2018, the university has ranked incredibly high on academic reputation with a 99.7 rating, making it one of the third best in the world for academics. U of T ranks #15 in the world for graduate employability.
How has the University of Toronto ranked globally in the past?
In 2017, it was #32, moving up one spot this year. In 2016 it was #34, its lowest ranking, down 14 spots from 2015 when it was #20.
Who topped the list?
U of T scored incredibly well, but topping the list are the Massachusetts Insititute of Technology (#1), Stanford University (#2), and Harvard University (#3).
Twenty-six other Canadian universities made the 2018 list, such as McGill (#32), the University of British Columbia (#51), McMaster (#140) and the University of Alberta (#90).
You can check out the full list here.
- Mississauga-Based University Ranks as One of the Best in Canada
- Mississauga-Based School Ranked One of the Best in the World
- Mississauga Academic Institution Makes Prestigious List
- How Hard is it To Get into University in Mississauga?
- COVID outbreak prompts Western University to end non-academic activities
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- City breaks ground on what will become the tallest building in Mississauga