Mississauga bank advises some employees to self-quarantine after coronavirus exposure
A Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) employee has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) and the bank has advised some employees to self-isolate as a result.
According to Reuters, the affected person works in the bank's Meadowvale office complex in Mississauga.
An RBC spokesperson told Reuters that the person has remained at home in self-isolation since late last week.
Reuters reports that RBC advised other employees working on the same floor to self-quarantine until further notice. According to the article, the bank has disinfected the affected floor, all common areas, the elevators, the cafeteria and the washrooms.
There are currently four cases of coronavirus in The Region of Peel. Last week, Peel Public Health announced that two people in their 60s (a married couple) were both diagnosed with the virus following travel on the Grand Princess Cruise ship that departed San Francisco on Feb 11.
Over the weekend, Peel Public Health announced a new positive case of the novel coronavirus in the region, affecting a Brampton man in his 50s who returned from travel to Germany on March 7.
The region is also stepping up surveillance after reports emerged that a Toronto man with COVID-19 used a MiWay bus to get to and from work while he was showing symptoms. The region is also investigating a possible coronavirus exposure at a Mississauga retirement home.
As of Tuesday morning (March 10), there are 35 cases of COVID-19 in Ontario and 77 in Canada. Four patients in Ontario have made full recoveries. One person, a British Columbia man, has died of the virus.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article said a BC woman has died of coronavirus. The victim was a male. We regret the error.
- Two new coronavirus cases diagnosed in Region of Peel
- Two new coronavirus cases just diagnosed in Region of Peel
- Four new cases of coronavirus diagnosed in Peel
- BREAKING: Residents on flight with Mississauga couple diagnosed with coronavirus urged to self-isolate
- New presumptive case of novel coronavirus in Toronto, health officials say
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today