Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
Four people are facing charges following a recent incident in Mississauga.
Around 11:50 a.m. on Friday, April 3, officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of Argentia Road and Winston Churchill Boulevard.
“During the course of their investigation officers located a loaded, modified .22 calibre automatic, ammunition, and a small a quantity of ammunition in the vehicle,” police say.
31 year old Mississauga man Jamal Hill is charged with seven firearm-related offences and a drug offence:
- Unauthorized Possesseion of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Having Care and Control of a Vehicle or Boat with Cannabis Readily Available
Tremaine Whitfield, a 21 year old man from Brampton, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms-related charges and one count of Fail to Comply with Recognizance.
Niyo Hill, a 21 year old man from Brampton, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms-related offences and a breach; Fail to Comply with Release Order.
Jade Worrall, a 22 year old woman from Toronto, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms related offences.
All four were held for bail hearings and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Saturday April 4.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Numerous Gun and Drug Related Offences
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga