Mississauga and Brampton keep today's COVID numbers above 700
Peel Region has 772 new cases of COVID-19 today as Mississauga and Brampton hospitals continue to fill up with patients.
Data released by the provincial government shows 4,401 new cases today for a total of 391,009 people that Ontario health professionals are currently treating.
Mississauga and Brampton make up the bulk of cases in Peel, with Caledon posting just a small percentage of those with COVID.
Other areas with significant numbers include Toronto with 1,282 new cases, 564 in York Region, 339 in Ottawa, Durham Region with 224, Halton Region has 177, and Hamilton has 134 new cases.
All numbers are from the provincial database and may vary from statistics posted by local health departments.
In the past 24-hours, COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 15 people in Ontario.
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Mississauga and Brampton COVID numbers in steep decline based on today's Peel Region data
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- New cases in Burlington, Oakville and Millton contribute to COVID surge across Ontario
- New Hamilton COVID cases contribute to provinical surge
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- $100,000 prize for Brampton winner of Big Brother Canada
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies