Mississauga Actor Starring in Brand New Netflix Series
We all know Mississauga is full of talented people who excel at everything from tennis (Bianca Andreescu) and basketball (Oshae Brissett) to writing (Mona Awad), filmmaking (Shazia Javed) and acting (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan).
Now, it looks like another Mississauga-born performer is starring in an upcoming Netflix drama.
Kyle Schmid, a 35-year-old actor who hails from Mississauga and who attended Port Credit Secondary School, is starring in the new Netflix series The I-Land.
Schmid has appeared in a number of shows, including History’s Six and Syfy’s Being Human. He also appeared in Lost Girl and Arrow.
The I-Land, which will also star Kate Bosworth and Alex Pettyfer, tells the story of 10 people who wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there.
You can see a trailer below:
According to IMDb, the group sets off on a trek to try to get back home, but they soon discover this world is not as it seems.
Will you be checking out the new series soon?
Cover photo of Kyle Schmid’s Facebook page
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga