Mississauga Actor Starring in Brand New Netflix Series
We all know Mississauga is full of talented people who excel at everything from tennis (Bianca Andreescu) and basketball (Oshae Brissett) to writing (Mona Awad), filmmaking (Shazia Javed) and acting (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan).
Now, it looks like another Mississauga-born performer is starring in an upcoming Netflix drama.
Kyle Schmid, a 35-year-old actor who hails from Mississauga and who attended Port Credit Secondary School, is starring in the new Netflix series The I-Land.
Schmid has appeared in a number of shows, including History’s Six and Syfy’s Being Human. He also appeared in Lost Girl and Arrow.
The I-Land, which will also star Kate Bosworth and Alex Pettyfer, tells the story of 10 people who wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there.
You can see a trailer below:
According to IMDb, the group sets off on a trek to try to get back home, but they soon discover this world is not as it seems.
Will you be checking out the new series soon?
Cover photo of Kyle Schmid’s Facebook page
- Mindy Kaling’s new Netflix series starring an up and coming Mississauga actress is now available
- Mississauga Resident To Star In Upcoming Netflix Series
- VIDEO: Khaled Iwamura chats with Mississauga's Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Star of Netflix show "Never Have I Ever"
- Here are the Most Popular Shows on Netflix Around the World
- CTV announces new show starring Jessica Mulroney
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Here’s what’s replacing a Smoke’s Poutinerie location in Mississauga