Missing Mississauga Man Found Dead Following Boat Crash
A Mississauga man who went missing after a serious boat crash in the North Kawartha Township area has been found deceased, police say.
Police say members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the OPP and emergency crews were called to the scene of a collision between two boats on Stoney Lake on August 24, 2019. Police say three people were on board each vessel.
Police say witnesses located and transported five of the six occupants to shore.
Investigators were directed to the scene of the crash just off Northey’s Bay Road (Bedwell Drive) in Young’s Bay on Stoney Lake. Police say officers used marine units and a helicopter from the OPP aviation services, but were unable to locate a 31-year-old man from Mississauga.
Another 31-year-old male was pronounced dead at the scene.
On August 25, 2019, the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit located the missing Mississauga male.
He was located deceased.
His name is not being released pending family notifications.
The other deceased male has been identified as 31-year-old Burlington man Kristian Brudek.
The other occupants involved in the collision were transported to a local hospital with a mix of non-life threatening and serious injuries.
The cause of the collision is under investigation.
- Male pronounced dead following two-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- Lake search for missing Oakville man continues as boat is found
- UPDATE: Male arrested after dead body found in Mississauga has been released
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Deceased Man Found in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Police investigating dead body found in park in Mississauga
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl