Milton teen charged with armed robbery, fleeing the scene of an accident
A Milton teenager suspected of several armed robberies has been arrested.
Halton police also believe the man was involved in a fail-to-remain following a collision.
The police began investigating a series of robberies that occurred in Milton between May and July of this year:
- Milton Convenience (May 26) – 433 Main St. E., Milton (a handgun was used and vape products were stolen)
- Holly Pharmacy (June 23) – 611 Holly Ave., Milton (a handgun was used and cash and narcotics were stolen)
- James Snow Pharmacy (June 29) – 51 James Snow Pkwy., Milton (a knife was used and narcotics were stolen)
- Bonafide Compounding Pharmacy (July 2) – 1598 Leger Way, Milton (a knife was used and a handgun was indicated. Narcotics were stolen)
- Main and Bronte Pharmacy (July 4) – 10 Bronte St. S., Milton (a knife was used however nothing was stolen)
On May 30, police believe the suspect was also involved in a fail to remain collision in the area of Ontario and Pine streets in Milton. The vehicle being operated by the suspect was the same vehicle used in the May 26 convenience store robbery.
The vehicle was abandoned by the suspect (who fled on foot) and it was determined to have been reported stolen from Peel.
Police are searching for additional suspects who were also involved in the above robberies.
Last week, investigators arrested the suspect outside a residence in Milton. A search warrant was also executed at a Milton home.
Oluwaseni Latoye, 19, of Milton has been charged with multiple counts of robbery, robbery with a firearm, failure to stop after an accident, and possession of stolen property.
Latoye has been held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2416.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or at the website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising