Milton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
One area in Milton is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 28 to March 6.
Of the top 50 listed, one is located in Milton: L9E at 7.18% (area of Britannia Rd and Bronte St South).
It was listed as having the 21st highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 28 was 2.7% (versus 2.5% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.7%)."
Out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Halton has the ninth highest COVID-19 percent positivity at 2.49%.
Thunder Bay was listed first at 5.77%, and Ontario overall was listed eighth at 2.67%.
The top ten public health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- A Burlington and Milton postal code have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- This Milton neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant