One postal code in Milton has an alarming 17% COVID-19 positivity rate
One area in Milton is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of April 25 to May 1.
Milton postal code L9E (area of Britannia Rd and Bronte St South) had the 31st highest positivity at 17.47%.
Halton’s overall positivity is 8.74%, ranking sixth out of Ontario's 34 public health units.
Ontario itself is listed seventh at 8.55%.
The top 15 public health units are listed above
Despite lower COVID-19 testing rates among school-aged children (i.e. elementary to secondary) likely because children aren’t in school, ICES says some regions are seeing very high percent positivity and incidence of COVID-19, including Peel at 32.5%-34.3% and Hamilton at 15.2%-24.8%.
Testing rates have remained relatively stable among young adults aged 18-22 years.
As of May 3, overall vaccine coverage among adults in Ontario was 40% (compared to 34% the previous week), with the highest coverage in those aged 75 years and up.
The full data is available to read here.
Data courtesy of ICES
- Milton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Milton postal code reporting 10.95% COVID-19 positivity
- A Hamilton postal code has a 21.98% COVID-19 positivity rate
- A Burlington and Milton postal code have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- This Milton neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned