One Milton neighbourhood reporting high COVID-19 positivity
While COVID-19 percent positivity rates (the percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in an area) are declining across most of the province, one postal code in Milton is still reporting a relatively high rate.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of June 6 to 12.
Of the top 50 listed, one is in Milton: Postal code area L9E (area of Britannia Rd and Bronte St South) at 6.48% positivity.
L9E is the only Halton area in Ontario's top 50 this week.
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Halton currently has the fifth worst COVID-19 percent positivity in the province.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of June 6 was 2.4%, a drop from 3.1% the previous week.
Ontario has reached 71% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 3% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Milton postal code reporting 10.95% COVID-19 positivity
- Milton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- A Burlington and Milton postal code have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- One Burlington area is reporting a high COVID-19 positivity
- One postal code in Milton has an alarming 17% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February