Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
A 31-year-old Milton man is facing impaired driving charges in connection with a fiery overnight crash which killed a man in Mississauga early Thursday.
The two-vehicle crash took place at Bristol Rd. and Mavis Rd. at 1:13 a.m.
Emergency crews raced to the scene, finding a vehicle which flipped over and caught fire with two males trapped inside.
"One occupant was transported to trauma centre with life-threatening injuries," said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
The second male, 66, from Mississauga, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The male driver of the second car was transported to local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
He's now being charged with impaired operation cause bodily harm, impaired operation cause death, and possession of a controlled substance.
Azar Sheikh is scheduled to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Mississauga Man Dead in Fiery Crash
- Man charged with impaired driving after crash kills 19 year old in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Popular kabob restaurant opens up second location in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 1,859 new cases of COVID-19