Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
A 31-year-old Milton man is facing impaired driving charges in connection with a fiery overnight crash which killed a man in Mississauga early Thursday.
The two-vehicle crash took place at Bristol Rd. and Mavis Rd. at 1:13 a.m.
Emergency crews raced to the scene, finding a vehicle which flipped over and caught fire with two males trapped inside.
"One occupant was transported to trauma centre with life-threatening injuries," said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
The second male, 66, from Mississauga, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The male driver of the second car was transported to local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
He's now being charged with impaired operation cause bodily harm, impaired operation cause death, and possession of a controlled substance.
Azar Sheikh is scheduled to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Serious Collision In Mississauga Leads To Road Closure
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- Mississauga-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees