Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
An area of Milton and Georgetown are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed 50 areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of January 31 to February 6.
Of the 50 listed, the following are in Halton:
*L9T at 8.6% (area of Thompson Rd and Main St E, Milton)
18th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario
L7G at 7.9% (Georgetown)
28th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario
*areas that are also experiencing outbreaks in long-term care homes
For the week of January 31 there were two Halton areas in the top 50 (similarly to the previous week), but percent positivity rates were comparatively lower.
Halton was the region with the fourth highest percent positivity (4.1%) out of all of Ontario’s 34 Public Health Units. Ontario’s overall percent positivity was 3.1%.
- This Milton neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Georgetown seeing some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in the province
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- A Burlington and Milton postal code have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- Employee at Loblaws in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Brampton and Mississauga Lowe's locations hosting hiring day to fill 240 positions