Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
An area of Milton and Georgetown are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed 50 areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of January 31 to February 6.
Of the 50 listed, the following are in Halton:
*L9T at 8.6% (area of Thompson Rd and Main St E, Milton)
18th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario
L7G at 7.9% (Georgetown)
28th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario
*areas that are also experiencing outbreaks in long-term care homes
For the week of January 31 there were two Halton areas in the top 50 (similarly to the previous week), but percent positivity rates were comparatively lower.
Halton was the region with the fourth highest percent positivity (4.1%) out of all of Ontario’s 34 Public Health Units. Ontario’s overall percent positivity was 3.1%.
- This Milton neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Georgetown seeing some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in the province
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial