Mercedes escapes after high-speed chase through Brampton streets
A police chase through the streets of Brampton this morning saw speeds reach as high of 120 km/h.
Peel Police say reports came in that a suspected drunk driver was in the area of Chinguacousy Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy. around 3 a.m. on January 25.
The chase took place along Highway 7 and Highway 50 where the high speeds were reached before the chase was called off, but not before a police cruiser and another car was struck by the fleeing vehicle. There were no injuries.
Although the suspect got away, police have a good description of the vehicle which had two people in it at the time.
It is described as a bronze Mercedes that has front end damage.
- HIgh-speed chase of stolen car in Whitby leads to charges against Mississauga and Brampton teens
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel Police chase a suspect in Brampton
- Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
- Man Transported To Hospital Following Police Chase in Mississauga
- Peel police warning public about increase in high-end vehicle thefts
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial