Meet Peel's Two New Deputy Police Chiefs
One is the highest-ranking black female police officer in Canada and the other once quoted slain rapper Tupac Shakur in a media interview.
Mississauga and Brampton have two new deputy chiefs, the Peel Police Services Board announced Friday.
Supt. Ingrid Berkeley-Brown and Supt. Marc Andrews - who hails from the Applewood area - have just been promoted.
“I have great confidence in their abilities to lead within the organization and the community,” said Police Chief Jennifer Evans.
The board set out to replace Deputy Chief Brian Adams following his retirement in December 2017.
“During the selection process, the board determined that both Deputies Andrews and Berkeley-Brown stood out for their skills, experience and expertise,” reads a news release.
“In collaboration with Chief Jennifer Evans, the board determined that they would promote both candidates,” bringing the total number of deputy chiefs in Peel to four.
They’ll join Deputy Chiefs Chris McCord and Dave Jarvis; Evans’ contract is up in Oct. 2019.
“The new deputies are assuming their roles at a very exciting time for policing in Peel Region," said board chairwoman and Mississauga Ward 10 Coun. Sue McFadden.
"Deputies Andrews and Berkeley-Brown bring a depth and breadth of expertise and experience in community policing, diversity and inclusion, fiscal responsibility, mentorship and strategic management."
The new Deputy Chiefs were introduced at the Feb. 23 board meeting.
A swearing-in ceremony is taking place in March.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Major Intersection Closed in Mississauga Following Collision
- Large Scale Police Blitz Coming To Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Part of Massive Group Lotto Win
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Chief Jennifer Evans Re-Appointed Chief of Peel Regional Police
- Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans Officially Retires
- Peel Police Appoint Interim Police Chief
- Is Mississauga Happy with Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans?
- VIDEO: The Mississauga Shooting That Led to the $21 Mil Lawsuit Against Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans