Medical professionals urging Province to hold off easing COVID-19 restrictions just yet
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) is calling on the Province to impose stricter measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Tuesday's (March 30) 2,336 new cases marked the sixth consecutive day of 2,000+ new cases.
However, despite this, the Province has been easing restrictions, even in areas still in lockdown--Toronto and Peel Region, both still in lockdown, have been permitted to allow outdoor patio dining and outdoor fitness classes.
Additionally, the OMA is concerned about the number of people in regions with more restrictions traveling to those with fewer.
Because of this, the OMA warns that this will lead to a significant increase in hospitalizations and undue stress on hospitals--particularly intensive care units.
In order to prevent this, the OMA is urging the Province to refrain from rolling back restrictions until there are fewer than 1,000 new cases per day.
Most alarmingly, 50 per cent of all new cases are attributed to variants of concern, and the number of younger Ontarians being infected and hospitalized is on the rise.
- Health care association urging province to impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses
- Ontario medical professionals concerned latest lockdown might not be enough to stop spread of COVID-19
- As Brampton and Mississauga COVID cases rise, Peel’s top doctor warns of 'playing with fire' if restrictions are further relaxed
- Ontario nurses warning of risks associated with easing COVID-19 restrictions
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader