Meat product recall at FreshCo and Sobeys grocery stores
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has ordered a product recall due to a possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The CFIA said that Levitts Foods (Canada) Inc. is recalling Compliments brand Smoked Beef Pastrami which is sold in Sobeys and FreshCo grocery stores across Ontario, according to the Compliments product recall website.
The website indicates that there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product and they are asking customers to check if they currently have the product in their home.
“Customers are asked to destroy and any of the product impacted by the recall and bring a receipt or product label back to the store where purchased for a full refund,” the website says.
The CFIA states that food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled, but it can still make you sick.
Symptoms include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headaches, and neck stiffness.
The agency is ensuring that the grocery stores will be removing the recalled product from shelves.
- Meat product recalled at Sobeys and FreshCo grocery stores
- Cheese product recalled due to possible contamination
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Mississauga Due to Possible Contamination
- Peanut spread recalled due to possible Listeria contamination: CFIA
- Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New COVID-19 case reported at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga