Meal kits, boxes and holiday gift packages now available at The Food District in Square One in Mississauga
You might not be able to sit down at The Food District in Square One in Mississauga amid the second lockdown, but you can still purchase tasty products from a number of popular vendors.
Square One recently announced the launch of its Shop The Food District initiative. Created in partnership with EasyPeasy! Marketplace, the initiative aims to support The Food District tenants through a difficult holiday shopping season by offering an alternative to in-mall purchases and dining.
EasyPeasy! Marketplace is an online platform that allows restaurants to offer their dishes as ready to eat options or DIY meal kits for delivery.
As far The Food District goes, La Carnita is offering Taco DIY Meal Kits, which include fresh ingredients that are individually portioned and packaged. Mexican street food can also be delivered right to a diner's front door for Taco Tuesday.
"We are thrilled to be able to offer customers a way to enjoy our food at home given indoor dining restrictions," said Dave Godfrey, Director of Culinary, in a statement.
"A technology partner like EasyPeasy makes it possible for us to get creative with how we cater to our Square One customer base and market ourselves to new diners who are already familiar with the platform."
Other vendors offering meal kits include Craft Chippery and Pier 87.
Vendors offering ready to eat options include The Macaron Boutique, The Pie Commission, The Box Donut, Plancha, Ma's Best Soups, Sweet Jesus, La Carnita, Dal Moros, Uncle Tetsu, Hattendo and Pier 87.
Vendors offering gift packages include Chocollata, The Village Juicery, Hale Coffee, MyOlive, Tao Tea Leaf, The Macaron Boutique and Blossom Moments.
Square One says new items and offerings will be added weekly.
For more information on participating restaurants and products, visit EasyPeasy.com.
- Get delicious, ready-to-eat meals straight to your door from Square One’s Food District
- Get a delicious Thanksgiving meal delivered to your door from The Food District in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless