McMaster ranked among world's most international universities
McMaster is one of the world's most international universities, according to a study by Times Higher Education.
Mac was one of only four Canadian universities to make the annual list of 172 institutions. They placed 38th, which is based on the proportion of international students, staff and faculty, publications with international co-authors, and worldwide reputation scores.
"Our international students, staff and faculty are an integral part of what makes McMaster a world-class institution," says David Farrar, McMaster's president and vice-chancellor.
"Diverse perspectives enable us to work together to solve the world's problems in ways that are creative, collaborative and far-reaching. Inclusion in this ranking for the first time is an important indicator of the high priority we place on welcoming students and scholars from all over the world."
Thirteen per cent of McMaster's undergraduates are international students. In graduate studies, international students make up 28 per cent of the student population. Overall, international students, staff and faculty represent more than 90 different countries, according to Mac.
The University of British Columbia (17th), McGill University (22nd), and the University of Toronto (30th) were the other Canadian institutions ranked on the list.
McMaster is currently ranked 69th overall in the Times Higher Education's World University Rankings out of more than 1,500 schools, while for two years running Mac has been in the top 20 universities globally for impact.
McMaster was also named one of Canada's best diversity employers for the second year in a row in 2020.
- McMaster University ranks 3rd in Canada, 14th globally in new rankings
- Mississauga-Based School Ranked One of the Best in the World
- McMaster University launches online portal to match students with housemates
- Many international students considering switching schools to study in-person: survey
- Mississauga-Based University Ranks as One of the Best in Canada
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial